“Studying for the CYM MA has challenged me to move outside of my comfort zone and to consider perspectives I would not have otherwise encountered. This has impacted my practice as I have refined my understanding and in the process have become more self-aware.”

DAN, CYM MASTERS GRADUATE

Overview

The MA in Ministry, Mission and Professional Studies offers experienced workers and graduate entrants to professional ministry roles with a qualification that will help sharpen their understanding and enhance their practice.

Developed in consultation with CYM graduates, employers and practice specialists this postgraduate qualification offers the opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills   required for contemporary Christian work with children and families, youth ministry and chaplaincy roles in schools, hospitals and other contexts.

By integrating postgraduate level learning with CPD opportunities it is also a practical way to keep your professional knowledge and skills relevant and current. This course provides a unique approach to developing the theological thinking, reflective practice, and research skills needed for to shape, lead and develop effective children, youth and mission work.

This part-time award is usually undertaken in 3-4 years. Each module involves participation in a study block followed by tutorials, supported by myCYM online resources. The professional studies modules offer teaching in theory and practice tailored to the specialism of the student, drawing on study blocks, tutor support, short CPD opportunities and work-based learning. Students also have the opportunity to work towards CYM Professional Ministerial Recognition through portfolio assessment.

VALIDATED BY: The University of Gloucestershire

COST: PGCert £2,000, PGDip £4,000, Masters £6,000

DURATION: PGcert 2 years, PGDip 3 years, MA 4 years part time

Entry Requirements

• BA Honours degree at 2:1 or equivalent experience/ prior learning
  • At least three years experience in youth work
  • Completion of safe to practice checks (Access NI, Enhanced DBS)

Where can I study?

Blended learning with block weeks at MCYM and CYMI.

100% OF CYM STUDENTS QUESTIONED IN A RECENT NSS SURVEY DEFINITELY AGREED THAT THEY HAD RECEIVED SUFFICIENT ADVICE AND SUPPORT WITH THEIR STUDIES.

CYM Postgraduate Studies