Core aspects found in all our training programmes are:
- Biblical and Theological Studies – deepening your understanding of the Christian faith, and your ability to embody and communicate this to others.
- Skills Development – developing your ability as a critical reflective practitioner to make sound judgements in complex situations
- Social and Cultural Studies – giving you the tools to analyse contemporary society and the experiences of children and young people within it.
- Ethics, Values and Purpose – challenging you to examine the motivation, methods and aims underpinning Christian mission and ministry.
- Pastoral Care and Human Development – enabling informed and skilled pastoral interventions with children, young people and families
- Encountering Difference – opportunities to study and work with others who may be very different in their understanding and expression of faith and values to yourself.
- Professional Studies – enabling you to gain an understanding of the professional field you are entering, it’s models, policies and codes of practice.
- Immersive Practical Ministry, mission and professional work experience in a range of placements – broadening your horizons within a supportive and development framework.
- A Holistic Formation Experience that is personal, professional, intellectual, social, spiritual – engaging you in your vocation and calling.