We wish to appoint an inspiring and enthusiastic person ready to pioneer new work that will enable children and families to encounter the love of God and to become part of our church as a more inclusive, all-age community of faith
The overall purpose of the Children & Families Worker will be: to pioneer, develop and grow our ministry, building on the existing links we have with children and families and to enable children to find a home in the life and worship at Wolstanton Methodist church.
We have some contact with young children and families through our midweek groups, but in recent years have not seen many families finding a living faith or becoming part of the life of the church.
We want this to change. We are committing resources to this purpose and recognise that this will be long term work, with no easy solutions and many challenges ahead.
We understand that starting from small beginnings will take time and will require people to work alongside our children and families worker.
We also want to grow our ministry with families outside the church community; and to minister in ways that achieve more than just ‘getting them into church’.
We have an active church community including a very active Mission and Outreach group. We are looking to grow the next generation as well as the present one.
Key Roles include:
• Take key role in provision of appropriate activities for the small number of children who do come on Sunday morning and grow the team working with them
• Attend Parent & toddler groups, rainbows and brownies as a link person
• Engage in Messy Breakfast and Messy Church
• Explore setting up a Praise and Play morning for young families
• Get to know and liaise with our local primary school
• Follow up on baptisms and family links
• Create opportunities for a parent/carers group
• Committed Christian seeking to grow in faith and practice
• Drive and vision to energise self and others
• The desire to help children and young families grow as Christians
• Able to work graciously with a diverse group of people
• …. and a healthy sense of humour.
• Creative approach to integrating people into a church community
• Ability to communicate faith, particularly to children and families not familiar with church life
• Excellent organisational skills
• Listening skills
• Basic IT skills and knowledge of social media
• Ability to develop opportunities
• Written and verbal communication, reporting and presentation
• The ability to organise and lead events for children & families
Experience and Knowledge
• An active, living Christian faith
• An understanding of the world of children and young families
• Experience of working with children and / or families
• Knowledge of Safeguarding requirements
The post is currently funded up to 2nd December 2022.
Application Pack: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 22nd November 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 26th November 2019